We've put together some answers to questions you may have about attending events at Gulbenkian at the moment.
Planning your visit:
- How can I buy tickets? How can I collect tickets? How will they be checked on entry
Initially we are only offering the option to buy tickets online. We will not be issuing paper tickets, your tickets will be sent by email. On arrival your name will be checked by a team member at the door so you do not need to print your tickets at home.
Please note tickets will only be sold up to 2 hours before a screening to allow us to prepare the venue and our audience lists.
- What if a show/film gets cancelled?
If we have to cancel a screening, we will inform you and make a full refund.
- What happens if I am ill and can’t make it? Can I get a refund?
Yes. If you feel unwell we will offer you a voucher to return in future.
- Will you take cash?
No cash please. We only accept card payment.
- Unreserved/reserved houses?
We have reserved seating as usual, so you can choose your seats. We have limited the seats available to support social distancing.
During your visit:
- How are you enforcing social distancing in the cinema and cafe?
We have reconfigured our cinema seating to ensure you have safe distance around seats. We have clearly marked out spacing while you wait to enter the cinema & buy concessions. Our staff will on hand at all times to help you with any questions and make it a relaxed and enjoyable visit.
- Are you testing temperatures on the way in?
No we will not be testing temperatures on the way in.
- Will I have to wear a face mask?
Yes please – it is now mandatory to wear face masks in cinemas. Our staff will all wear masks and we ask that you do the same to help keep our venue safe.
- How are you cleaning your venue?
All our spaces are cleaned thoroughly and regularly. All our spaces will be cleaned after each performance, so you will always enter a newly cleaned venue.
- Who will we come into contact with when we visit.
Our building will only be open audience members, up to 62 people at any one time, allowing us plenty of space for social distancing. A member of our team will meet you at the building entrance and look after you from there.
- How will we know where to sit?
On arrival you can pick up drinks and then will be asked to wait in our foyer. Our front of house team will call you when the cinema is ready to open.
We are asking our audiences to use the toilets responsibly. We have provided hand sanitiser and clear messaging to wash your hands on exit. Toilets will be thoroughly cleaned after each event.
- What happens if someone is coughing in the theatre/cinema? Can I leave/get my money back?
We ask all audience members who feel ill to stay at home and can offer them a refund to come back when they feel better. Anyone visibly unwell on arrival will be given a refund and politely asked to come back another time. If you have concerns about a fellow audience member please raise this with a member of our front of house team. We want everyone to be able to relax and enjoy the film.
- If I have a first aid issue – will staff be able/want to look after me?
Yes – we always have a trained first aider on site who will attend to you if required.
- Can you evacuate safely in an emergency?
Yes – our fully trained staff will be on hand should an alarm go off. We have adapted our emergency plan to allow for social distancing on exit.
- Will car parking charges be contactless?
Monday to Friday before 5pm, we now have contactless payment available at the car park ticket machines. Car parking is free after 5pm on weekdays and all day at weekends.
- How many people will be allowed in the venue at once?
We have limited our capacity to 42 for a standard screening and 62 for family screenings, with seats spread out to ensure social distancing.
- Will you use different entrances and exits?
We will ask all audiences to enter and exit through our main entrance where you will be welcomed by a staff member. In our foyer & café space, we have clear routes marked out for you to follow for a safe visit.
- How will you consider vulnerable people?
Our staff are on hand to support all audience members and ensure their experience is enjoyable and safe. Please let us know on arrival if you have any specific concerns.
Food & Drink:
- Is your café open, and what times?
Our café is open for our audience members only, from 1 hour before a screening. You can pre-book your drinks/snacks or buy them on the day (card payments only).
- Want to skip the queue? Can I pre-order my drinks and snacks?
Our café is offering advance booking of drinks and snacks as part of your online booking after you’ve selected a ticket. These will available for collection on arrival from our cafe, please ask our team member on entry who will be able to help.
- What can I buy?
Currently in the evenings we are offering drinks and snacks (crisps & popcorn) but no hot food.
- How are you enforcing social distancing in the café? Queues?
We have a clearly marked out queuing system in the café and staff on hand to help you with this.