Welcome to Gulbenkian.
Gulbenkian is the University of Kent’s Arts Centre offering innovative, engaging and high quality arts activity for the public, staff and students. It provides a key role in delivering the University commitment to public engagement and has a particular focus on the creative empowerment of children and young people.
Gulbenkian will work with a range of creative partners to become a leading 21st Century international arts centre offering an engaging, innovative and high quality arts programme. We will act as a catalyst developing and curating ideas, spaces and emerging talent. The empowerment of children and young people will be at the core of our activity.
By 2020, Gulbenkian aims to be:
- Become a zero waste organisation.
– Reduce, reuse, recycle
– Implement sustainable food strategy
- Improve carbon efficiency year on year.
- Increase digital communication and produce sustainable marketing materials.
- Encourage partners and visiting companies to supply sustainable goods and materials.
- Work towards achieving the University of Kent’s 17 sustainable goals as set out by the UN.
- To be a leader on sustainable delivery in the arts sector.
Since switching from plastic to glass /can in September 2018, 2299 fewerplastic bottles have been sold in the Café.