Submissions are now open for ART31’s Youth Takeover Festival: GENFest!
10 Mar 2022
Following the success of the BounceBack Festival in 2021, ART31 Generate are planning another Kent Youth Takeover Festival this year called GENFest.
It will take place live at Gulbenkian Arts Centre on Saturday 18th June 2022, with some online activity presented on the ART31KENT YouTube channel.
The festival is about celebrating young people’s creativity and giving a platform to young creative voices in Kent.
We want to showcase original art and creativity from those aged 13-25 in Kent – be it theatre, dance, music, comedy, film, spoken word, visual art or something else we haven’t even thought of – if you have something original and creative you’d like to share as part of the festival then we’d love to hear from you!
There are a few more specific opportunities:
– Outdoor Music Stage – we’d love to hear from musicians/bands to play the outdoor music stage at the festival
– Battle of the Bands – a competition for best original song performed, of any genre. The prize for the winning band will be one day in the Centre for Music and Audio Technology recording studio in Medway.
– 1 Minute Film Competition – a competition for the best original short film lasting no longer than sixty seconds, of any genre/style. The shortlisted films will be screened in the Gulbenkian Cinema as part of the festival, and a judging panel will select a winner on the day. The winning film will get shown in the Gulbenkian cinema before the main film features.
HOW TO APPLY
There are different application forms, depending on who you are:
1. If you are a young person aged 13 – 25 living in Kent please apply here
2. If you are an organisation that works with 13 – 25 year olds in Kent please apply here.
The form should take about 10 – 20 minutes to complete. It will ask you for information about who is involved and the proposed event/artwork.
Deadline for submissions: 22nd April 2022
We will let you know the outcome by 29th April 2022.
GRANTS / FUNDING
We have a limited number of grants of up to £500 available for organisations to submit work or events for the festival (please get in contact if you anticipate your budget costs exceeding this, and we may be able to increase the amount of money we offer on a case by case basis). There is a section to complete on the application form for details.
If you are a young person applying as an individual and you require funding to make your submission possible (e.g. to cover travel expenses or materials), please contact us to discuss this after submitting your application: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT ART31 GENERATE
ART31 Generate is a Youth Board made up of young people from across Kent aged 13-25, who will programme, plan and run the festival.
ART31 is committed to equality, diversity and inclusivity so applications are open to anyone aged 13-25 in Kent – regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexuality, disability or religion.
We especially want to hear from young people that feel their voice isn’t usually heard or represented.
Please contact us if you need any support with completing your application: email@example.com