Gulbenkian to open again!
30 Jul 2020
We are excited to be opening the Gulbenkian Cafe from Monday 17th August Cinema again from Thursday 20th August.
We can’t wait to welcome you back and we have been working hard put in place the following steps to give you peace of mind on your visit:
- Book with confidence – If we have to cancel the event for any reason will refund you. If you are feeling ill or have any concerns in advance of your visit we ask you not to attend and we will give you a voucher to come at another time.
- Safe booking – Currently we are offering tickets online only and we are operating a cashless service at the bar with contactless payment available.
- Pre-order your drinks and snacks – When you book your tickets you will be offered the chance to pre-book and pay for your drinks so you can just pick them up when you arrive.
- Face masks – it is now mandatory to wear face masks in cinemas, so please bring your mask or we cannot allow you entry.
- Seating – we have reduced capacity and spread seats out across our cinema to ensure safe distance between you and other audience members.
- Distancing in Café/Foyer – we have a clearly marked out route on arrival, in our foyer, our café and toilets to help you maintain social distancing.
- Only ticket holders in the building – currently we plan only to allow ticket holders into the building, so there is plenty of space for you to relax and pick up your drinks before taking your seat.
- The Gulbenkian team – Our staff will be on hand to make sure your visit is safe and enjoyable. They will ask you to use the hand sanitiser on entry and respect your fellow audience members.
- Will wear a facemasks – For your safety our team will wear facemasks, but will remove them if you are a lip reader or having difficulty understanding them.
You can take a more detailed look at what we have put in place on our Frequently Asked Questions page.